Entertainment Systems for Your Smart Home
A smart home entertainment system is a network of audio and video equipment connected to a central hub or controller, that allows the occupants of the home to enjoy high-definition video and high-resolution audio in multiple rooms without the need for multiple remotes or set up boxes. With a single touch screen or remote control, you can control the entire system and stream media to all viewing points or speakers in the entire house. Here is a brief description of the components of a smart home entertainment system, how it is controlled, and the benefits it offers over a traditional entertainment system.
Components of Smart Home Media System
Typically, most systems will consist of smart TVs, projector screens, DVD players, speakers, amplifiers, home theater systems, and lighting systems. Other components that may be added include branded video and audio streaming service set up boxes like Netflix, Roku, Hulu, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV. The system may be designed to cover every room including your kitchen and patio or it may be limited the living room and a few bedrooms.
How the System is Controlled
To connect all these components, a control box or hub as well as a control screen and remote will also be required. Some systems also make use of matrix switches and smartphone apps. As a homeowner, you only need to learn how to use the remote controller or touch screen device that is installed with your entertainment system. For effective control of all the components, various network technologies are used, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and KNX.
Benefits of Installing a Smart Entertainment System
* Ease of Use: This system simplifies the control of your entertainment gadgets and allows you to use just one remote to manage all the components from anywhere in the house.
* Cinema Effects: You can install a system that creates a cinema effect with a large screen, lighting effects, and high definition video at a budget friendly price.
* Integration of Trusted Brands: It is possible to integrate the best components from reputable manufacturers and brands like SONY, Denon, Apple, and Sonos through popular smart home controller brands like Control4, HomeSeer, Creston and Vera.
* Enjoy Different Types of Audio Streaming: You can stream music to just one room or to all the rooms in your home. At any time, you can gain access to millions of songs from music streaming services like Pandora radio, Tidal and Rhapsody. You will also be able to view track and artist information on your TV, mobile phone or touch screen control device.
* Video in Multiple Rooms: This system puts together all your video equipment into a single cabinet. You won’t need multiple set up boxes or multiple video sources. It enables you to share your movie library and stream video from various satellite channels in every room.
Average Cost of a Smart Home Media System
The cost depends on the size of your home (measured in square feet) and the number of rooms you want to connect to the control hub. It also varies according to the city where you reside. The cost is also determined by the amount of work required. Installation of controllers and a few additional devices will cost less than a job that requires supply and installation of all the required media equipment. However, the total cost of installation ranges from $4,000 to $10,000.
How to Enjoy the Full Benefits of an Automated Home Entertainment System
The best way to enjoy all the benefits highlighted here is to hire a professional to install the system in your home. Beginning with a thorough on-site inspection, our team of professional electricians will assess your needs, take measurements and work with you to design and install a system that will meet your needs without breaking your budget. Working with our professionals at Penna Electric will also enable you to avoid the risk of damaging your equipment.
Contact Us for More Information
For more information about smart home entertainment systems, give Penna Electric a call today. You may also send an email to request a quote. We offer extended warranties on all installations and also provide excellent after-sales support.
If you are a homeowner or business owner within a 20 mile radius of Redondo Beach and are looking for the best electrical contractor in the South Bay, then call Penna Electric.
How to reach us
To schedule an estimate for a free quote performed by an actual qualified electrician, please call us.
4825 Rosecrans Ave
Hawthorne, CA 90250
Our Office Hours
Mo-Fr: 8am – 5pm